Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First Runner Up

Have you ever heard anyone talk about being the first runner up to anything?  Second place? Did they talk about it with a glint in their eye? Probably a longing for in their voice. The way it almost was. Well that's me! I was totally first runner up to homecoming queen in high school! I was so close to winning. Like THIS close. Like I could smell the roses in the winners hand...literally. She was like half a foot away. I got some too. Just...fewer. I GOT A TIARA TOO!
Know what I wasn't? I sure as hell wasn't SECOND runner up. That would be a totally different kind of blog. Pfft. 
This blog is not about my high school popularity. I know! Settle down. I can cover it again if you feel that strongly about it. The real point of this blog is so that I can vent, talk, discuss, bitch, complain, mock (mostly mock) my ex husband and my life in general. 
See, its not all bad. I sort of have a great life. Knowing I have so much to be happy about makes it tough to complain to those closest to me sometimes. I feel guilty for dragging them down into my hole. So, I'm just going to do my best to put the fuckery (I love that word too) into words and roll with it. 
So what is the significance of the title? Well, "Chronicles of an Asshole" was taken, so I think I will spend some time proving I'm not in second place. 

Go ahead, quote Reese Bobby (Ricky's daddy).  I know its killing you. 

Hakuna Matata, bitches!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, I always wondered if you pick the labels yourself or if they get assigned somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! Tracie, was it the Reese Bobby label that gave it away?

    ReplyDelete